Guest logged in.
Welcome to The Trucker Community Online Users: 15
Navigation » The Trucker Community » TRUCK discussion » my truck experiance »
Current Replies for my truck experiance

my truck experiance (frenchi)
Posted: 10:17:21 am on 7/30/2009 Modified: Never

This years truck was amazing, saw some great new bands and had a smashing time.

Here is my review of the bands this year.

Detroit Social Club
Shit didn't even bother to stay more than two songs, they have some buzz around them, can't tell why

Disasteradio
Playing in the beat hive on saturday, this one man electronic beep show was a delight to senses, he was funny, a showman and made some interesting noises. His cover 12:51 by the strokes was perhaps a highlight of the set but Disasteradio was one of the highlights of the festival

Data Select Party
Average indie to start off with towards to set sounded like the foal, which was nice and pretty easy to dance with.

A Place to Bury Strangers
Some scuzzy vocals over post rock fun. classic skinny armed hand flexing guitar riffing from these guys, sadly only caught 20 mins of set, due to running off and getting a good place for errors.

Errors
The beat hive is a small tent, tall and shaped well like hive. it let plenty of air and light in which creates a nice atmosphere. Due to its size, its best to get there early, which we didn't but managed to sneak in and get a good place. Errors were epic, they played some interesting music, as expected, the crowd really went for it too. some even say i was even in the pit.....

Ash
Now with Ash, i've been a huge fan, the have made the odd cool song, but they always seem dicks, from the stupid looking drummer to the leader singer often being seen in 3/4 length combats, with a chain *vomits*

but they came onto an audio of the moon landing, which was interesting and would have created somewhat of an president if they hadn't of started with weak song like barefoot. they toyed with a mixture of new and old songs, the newer songs sounding far better, twilight of the innocence and the extended return of the white rabbit being examples of this. i still think they miss charlotte on some songs, burn baby burn clearly. but still not a bad act at all

And So I watched You From Afar
Some excellent post rock, really energetic and seemed to be a real buzz around these guys, which they clearly deserved. leaping around the stage, riffs-o-plenty

Sky Larkin
Som fun female vocal indie, the banter was as good as the songs, they ran out of time and should of been granted another song.

Hot Rats
After coming on late, they had some faces to melt, they sure did, some silly banter and awesome covers, poor sound but fight for your right was wonderful, got a set list too. love cats was nice

Supergrass
Elder statesmen of oxford, started of weak and i feel the crowd around me were just pissing me off, so when richard III came on, i pissed some people about and created a pit, it got rougher and i was proud of myself, as the pit got rougher, Supergrass got better. cover of velvet underground was appreciated and some more album, tracks were great to here. didn't play alright, real strange that. a good strong set from the tightest band in indie right now

highs of truck
a tom collins a 10am
moshing to errors
the awesome set up me and hannah had in our tent, we had a drinks section!
awesome vegetarian burgers
drinking ear grey while watching post rock
the loos friday-sunday
not being charged for friday camping
peanut butter and jam rolls!

lows of truck
the loos mondays morning
the dicks we camped near
tim weller from ash not being arsed to playing the opening bit from burn baby burn
the hot rats getting pissed off with sound problems in the barn
the vocals being way too loo on the main stage

I HAD FUN
THE END
  Re: my truck experiance (Dave C)
Posted: 11:55:38 am on 7/31/2009 Modified: Never

WHAT!

Ash didnt play the openning bit to Burn Baby Burn?? Didnt even notice.

But now you have pointed that out...

BUMMER! Thats my FAVORITE bit of my FAVORITE Ash song!

(But its the only Ash song I know!)

That didnt have any effect on a brilliant Truck 12.

:-)

:-)