Guest logged in.
Welcome to The Trucker Community Online Users: 15
Navigation » The Trucker Community » TRUCK discussion » Best/worst truck moments »
Current Replies for Best/worst truck moments

Best/worst truck moments (hopsyturvy)
Posted: 2:21:44 pm on 7/27/2009 Modified: Never

Hello, just wondering what people thought of the fest this year?

Highlight for me were fanfarlo, I'd heard of them but never really heard them before and they were brilliant. Loved Ute and the Long Insiders, too.

Worst had to be Damo Suzuki - I had high hopes but one chord gets boring no matter how many fancy string parts there are, and his vocals were somewhat like being harangued by a homeless guy at the bus stop...

Loved the fest this year, especially the boxford tuniversity bit - I think they should make more of this; the program hardly mentioned it but I saw some great sets there and the cocktails were ace.

My biggest issue was with the sound setups - the main stage in particular was often too quiet, or indistinct. Or another band in the beat hive were so loud and piercing everyone in there was covering their ears but the sound guy was just staring out the door..

What did everyone else think?
  Re: Best/worst truck moments (chelseagirl)
Posted: 3:12:18 pm on 7/27/2009 Modified: Never

I had a fab time at my 7th Truck. Didn't know what to expect from Damo Suzuki and thought he was just a bit weird ... interesting and I'm glad to have experienced him but it did go on a bit! Ash and Supergrass were sublime, and I also really enjoyed Red Light Company, Mr Fogg and Dive Dive (and loads more!)

Only lowlight really was Undertheigloo in the Beat Hive - I've seen them a few times before at truck but the sound quality was really poor, very unbalanced and didn't do them justice.
  Re: Best/worst truck moments (Gergbot)
Posted: 3:27:57 pm on 7/27/2009 Modified: Never

Damo Suzuki, This Town Needs Guns, Mr Shaodow, And So I Watch You From Afar were all highlights for me.
Not sure about worst moments...possibly running out of money and food.

Ultimate highlight had to be the sunday night. We met a load of people and we took it in turns to split a melon by headbutting it shortly followed by going into this intimate tent playing psych-trance. Good weekend all in all
  Re: Best/worst truck moments (hopsyturvy)
Posted: 6:17:18 pm on 7/27/2009 Modified: Never

Yeah I loved that little tent! Ace DJ (Sean?) in there on Sat night, and I just loved the randomness of it - beats fighting to get in the barn..
Posted: 6:44:38 pm on 7/27/2009 Modified: Never

Yeah Sean, that's right. This guy got well pissed off on sunday and turned it off. It was funny but annoying at the same time.
Posted: 6:51:35 pm on 7/27/2009 Modified: Never

And to the original comment, I agree with the sound. The main stage was far too quiet and the barn was slightly too loud.
  Re: Best/worst truck moments (SuperTrucker)
Posted: 7:12:51 pm on 7/27/2009 Modified: Never

Best bits for me were - Red Light Company, Mr Shaodow, Detroit Social Club and Supergrass. Not one dull moment band wise.

Worst bit was the field from afar, played the same techno beat all f***ing night, way to loud and at 3 in the morning did not stop, at 6 in the morning a person from the fields tent came over asking for drugs -WTF. they finnaly stopped at 5pm sunday. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

But been to four trucks now, this was by far the best one.

Re: Best/worst truck moments (bob)
Posted: 8:56:16 pm on 7/27/2009 Modified: 8:57:37 pm on 7/27/2009

Loved Ash, Joy Formidable, Danny and the champs and Stornaway.

Didn't like Damo to much.  But i'm a simple man of simple tastes.

Good year I feel.

Liked Nellie B's disco to.  Not all of us can rave in the barn all night anymore! (plus she was better than radio 1 DJ's it would appear!)
  Re: Best/worst truck moments (Dave C)
Posted: 9:48:29 am on 7/28/2009 Modified: 9:50:57 am on 7/28/2009

cat martino's short performance in the merchandise tent.

I missed he show on saterday but heard so many mention it..

It made this performance even more special becasue I thought I had missed out.

Only about 5 stopped to watch.

For me it was like MAGIC music!

Re: Best/worst truck moments (Snoopy)
Posted: 2:55:10 pm on 7/28/2009 Modified: 3:04:48 pm on 7/28/2009

Best - Supergrass not just the excellent performance but also the crowd! I was frontish middle and there was a great atmosphere, with people at the barrier swapping places with people behind so they could see.

Worst - The Ash crowd..... was it just me who noticed this or were almost everyone that was at the front watching Ash urm well not the biggest Ash fans? I was quite far back and could see things being thrown and just generally not much enthusiasm for the whole performance.

Re: Best/worst truck moments (Cameron)
Posted: 3:58:38 pm on 7/28/2009 Modified: Never

On the whole I had a really good time at truck, I think the highlights were Xcerts, And So I watch You From Afar and chatting to Army Navy.

Bad points were the overpolicing of the Barn Stage, the place was half full most of the time and the security wern't letting people in!  It seemed to work fine last year with no barriers.  This annoyed me a lot but on the whole it was a good festival (not as good as last year though)
  Re: Best/worst truck moments (Nonclassical )
Posted: 11:56:22 am on 7/30/2009 Modified: Never

My best bits were the gaps between sets when wandering to find some unexpected gem on another stage and ending up engaged in deep conversation with Scottish hippies, country bunkins, the most adorable old ladys and anyone pretty much who would listen to me rabbit on about every thing and nothing. . . . . What a great atmosphere. . . ./////////////////////
Nonclassical club @ The Macbeth. . . . . Hoxton
///////////////////
First wednesday of every Month
//////////////////