Guest logged in.
Welcome to The Trucker Community Online Users: 16
Navigation » The Trucker Community » TRUCK discussion » Truck Bus "Juggling" »
Current Replies for Truck Bus "Juggling"

Truck Bus "Juggling" (avarus)
Posted: 12:05:57 pm on 7/23/2009 Modified: 12:09:02 pm on 7/23/2009

For those, like me, who booked the bus from Oxford, a translation of the e-mail sent round this morning:

"Hi, we know you paid 7 quid for a bus leaving Oxford station at 9:30 on Saturday, but we don't really hold with that capitalist contractual obligation nonsense and realised we can save a bit of cash by making you haul your arse out to the park-and-ride.  If you are arriving by train and are tight for time, don't worry; you can blow a fiver on a cab - it's only money.  And it's not our money!

"Of course, you'll probably get to the park-and-ride to find you have to wait two hours for the second bus in any case, because the first one will be full.  You could always drive to Oxford instead if you want to get to the front of the queue.  But don't do that, and don't worry, you'll be, erm, saving the environment! (and we'll be saving even more money).

"Look, you'll get there in the end, so it's no use complaining.  Just be grateful you're not one of those suckers stuck waiting in Didcot."

I think that about sums it up.

TIM
  Re: Truck Bus "Juggling" (Snoopy)
Posted: 2:35:43 pm on 7/23/2009 Modified: Never

Hmmmmm so what exactly did the e-mail say?? Because your translation sounds awful! If you need local bus advice just post it on here i will be happy to help if i can.
  Re: Truck Bus (avarus)
Posted: 3:09:48 pm on 7/23/2009 Modified: Never

Personally, I can get myself to the pickup point, though there is no guarantee I won't end up stranded for nearly 2 hours if the first bus is full.  What I really resent is getting a patronising e-mail two days before the event saying they've re-scheduled the buses and not having the decency to admit that it is a big cock-up and people will be inconvenienced and/or out of pocket.  I shall copy the actual mail below for information.

TIM
Posted: 3:16:36 pm on 7/23/2009 Modified: Never

Message about Truck Bus, for info. (contrast with original schedule at http://www.festivalcoaches.co.uk/festival_details.asp?FestivalID=37).  I'd thought maybe there were two different services and I was getting confused, but it seems there is just one operated by Festival Coaches.

---
(via mailout from wegottickets.com)

FESTIVAL COACHES HAVE ASKED THAT WE PASS ON THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE TO YOU:

Hi Truckers - Festival Coaches aka Truck Bus here - the festival is nearly upon us and we are busy juggling our services to get you all to the festival.

There has been some slight changes to times and routes as follows in order that all the services could go ahead as planned - PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

PICKUP point is Redbridge Park and Ride. There will be TWO services. One at 10.00am and one at 11.45am. The 10am service will go direct to site, but the 11.45am service will go onto the Didcot pickup before travelling to site. If you wish to travel on a particular service please arrive in good time as the boarding will be done on a first come first served basis.

For some we do appreciate that these time changes may not coincide with their desired arrival times though we sincerely hope not as we really have done everything we can to run the service and stay as close as we can to the original times but if a few of you are happy to travel a bit later then that\'s great.

Truck wants to get you a value for money service and with more people using the Truck Bus this can be achieved and Festival Coaches wants to get festivals greener and we can\'t do that without you so we just all want to say a big Thank You to all of you who have elected to come by coach and shuttle this year - look out for us at Big Green Gathering, Bloom and One Love and if we don\'t see you again this year we hope to see you again next year.

Sunday night departures FROM Truck Festival will be a choice of 10.45pm and 11.45pm for those passengers wishing to travel on a particular service they should register with Trucks information people to guarantee them a seat on their choice of service, those who do not register will be allocated a seat on the first available service - please check which service you are on as we cannot guarantee to carry you if you miss your bus.
  Re: Truck Bus (Khristopher)
Posted: 3:21:47 pm on 7/23/2009 Modified: Never

There *is* a bus that goes to Redbridge Park and Ride from the Train Station, the Oxford Bus Company X3 goes every 20 minutes.

-----------------

I'm not one of the organisers, so what I say is not remotely official. It's barely even worth listening to...

Re: Truck Bus (Snoopy)
Posted: 3:28:53 pm on 7/23/2009 Modified: Never

Ok that is awful, surely 11:45 is to late? it will take minimum of 20mins from Oxford to Didcot then 10mins from Didcot to Steventon not taking into account people getting on and traffic delays you might not get to the festival until 12:30.....rubbish

Well i hope you successfully get to the festival and have a great time!

Re: Truck Bus (alistair_tbow)
Posted: 6:59:19 pm on 7/23/2009 Modified: Never

so, is there no longer a festival bus from Oxford Station?
  Re: Truck Bus (rewsan)
Posted: 7:53:04 pm on 7/23/2009 Modified: Never

Does that mean that there is no longer a 10:30 pick up from Didcot? Or is the second Oxford bus an extra pickup from Didcot?
  Re: Truck Bus (Dial F )
Posted: 10:46:54 pm on 7/23/2009 Modified: Never

Oh great - not much of an audience for our set at 12.00 then.  Good job none of the band were relying on this bus!
  Re: Truck Bus (rewsan)
Posted: 11:21:17 pm on 7/23/2009 Modified: Never

Don't worry I'm not getting the bus but was considering it.

It's a toss up between yourselves and Army/Navy for my first band of the weekend so you may have at least one.
  Re: Truck Bus (Cameron)
Posted: 11:30:56 am on 7/24/2009 Modified: Never

Thank god i'm taking the car!
Posted: 9:44:40 am on 7/27/2009 Modified: Never

Looks like my take on the buses was overly pessimistic.  The bus ran fine and nobody seemed to be left waiting or stranded.

A big thanks to all involved - the festival was utterly fantastic.  My first truck will certainly not be my last :-)

TIM